Adoption Wait Ticker

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Happy 5th Birthday Cole!


I apologize for the delay in this post but having back-to-back parties at our house is not conducive to getting much else done around here. The good news is that both parties were a success and I did manage to take a few pictures to prove it.
I ordered a cupcake-cake for Cole's birthday party from my awesome cake lady, Christy. She is a small business owner and she did such a great job on Hannah's castle cake. I knew Cole wanted a Transformer-rific birthday party, but I was concerned about translating Transformers (or specifically Optimus Prime - Cole's favorite Transformer) onto the cake. I was pleasantly surprised with the result. Not bad huh?






Two words of caution if you ever plan on doing a bubblewrap walk at your next birthday party. 1) Do not let the birthday boy go first 2) Make sure that the children's shoes have some texture to them - otherwise the flatness of their shoes will evenly distribute their body weight and NOT POP A SINGLE BUBBLE. - Just a tip from your Aunt Kimmie.




Cole got a bike for his birthday - but his favorite presents by far were all of the cool Transformers toys that he received from friends and family.
:-)

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Looks like he had a great birthday party. Happy Birthday Cole man. I love you, Aunt Jackie

Jackie said...

Haha I remembered my password....for now