Adoption Wait Ticker

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

What if Hannah is Connor?

As our referral quickly approaches, it has dawned on me (more than once) "what if Hannah is a boy"? In our request, we did not specify whether or not we would prefer a boy or a girl. We figured that when you have a baby biologically - you don't get to choose, so neither did we. I admit, we have played the averages (95%) and decorated the room for a girl and bought a TON of girl clothes. But more importantly, how will we feel? Will there be an ounce of disappointment? I have searched my heart and I say a definite NO. We went through this process to provide a loving home for a child in need. We went through this long, long process to grow our family. Regardless of whether or not we call them Hannah or Connor.

Kimberlee

P.S. Don't even get me started if it is twins - now that is a different story!

No comments: