Adoption Wait Ticker

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Frequent Forever Miles

We just received the request for more paperwork to fill out from our agency. Joy! The interesting thing is that this time we have a deadline. They have asked us to complete, sign, notarize and send back within the next 5-7 days. I like having a deadline - makes me think things are moving along quickly.

Once we finish this "mini-paperwork blitz" then we wait for the Travel Notice. The Travel Notice will be coming from China and can take anywhere from 2-5 weeks. Once we have this notice, then we can request our U.S Consulate appointment. The consulate appointment can take up to 4 business days. Once we have the Consulate appointment, we can book the travel. Sounds complicated? It really isn't if you think that all Chris and I are doing (for the most part) is waiting.

Our biggest quandary is travel. We have been saving up frequent flier miles for the last two years and since we do not know when exactly we need to travel - there is a good possibility we will not be able to use them. Everytime I call the airline to put a "best guess" travel itinerary together, I get the run around. What is the point of these miles when I can't use them at a critical time? Should I just hold onto to them forever? Maybe we can earn enough miles to get us to the Moon.

:)

No comments: