Today is our tenth wedding anniversary - can you believe it? Ten years ago today we were partying it up at a country club in Parsippany, NJ. Now look at us. What a difference ten years can make... I mean besides the wrinkles. You can say that this experience and Hannah Bear are the best anniversary gifts ever, and they most certainly are, but Chris, Tiffany & CiCi made it even better by surprising me with a ten red roses and an anniversary cake complete with pyrotechnics (too hard to explain - but the Chinese really know how to do birthday candles). Thank you so much for making a special day even more special.
Today we went to the local food market in Nanchang and then the Peoples Park. The food market was definitely an experience, we seemed to get even more attention there than on the busy streets of Nanchang near our hotel. We saw hundreds of fresh vegetables and fruits and some really unusual gross stuff that will haunt me for awhile. We got firmly reprimanded by a pregnant Chinese woman for exposing our daughter's legs - but what can I say she's got really cute legs. The park was really beautiful and surprisingly busy considering it was mid-morning on a Thursday (the Chinese have a five day work week like us). After the park was yet another delicious lunch at a new restaurant called KungFu. That was where I was surprised by the roses and the amazing cake. (Hannah is big fan of icing - that's my girl.)
Hannah is as terrific as ever. Tiffany mentioned that she might turn out to be a shy girl, and I definitely have to agree - she talks to us alot, but around other people, she is content to sit and take it all in. Time will tell. Here are some things we have learned about Hannah thus far:
- She likes to be held... alot.
- She likes her bottles hot.
- Her tickle spot is her neck.
- She sleeps with her hands up.
- She learning to sit up on her own and roll over.
- When she does roll over, she does not like it.
- She likes to scratch (herself, others, furniture, whatever she's not picky).
- She's liked every food we have had her try (today was bananas and pears - big fan).
- She loves Cheerios.
- She likes music.
- Her favorite toy is the lanyard that came with our hotel room key.
- She likes her Daddy to put her to sleep.
- She likes her Mommy to feed her and change her dirty diaper... thanks Daddy.
- She's the boss and she knows it.